Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Birthday Sprinkled with Smiles :-)

I treated myself with the one thing I wanted to eat most, a total childhood indulgence, a freshly baked vanilla sprinkle donut (with a skim milk hazelnut coffee)!! My absolute favorites and they gave me the donut free for it being my birthday! It was the perfect way to start my morning off! *smile*

foodblog 064

I also got several other sweet gestures today!!

  • LOTS of birthday wishes and cards from friends, co-workers and family
  • My mom singing “happy birthday” on my voice mail
  • Flowers at my desk from a co-worker foodblog 061
  • Lunch with a co-worker at Tosca  (along a complimentary slice of tiramisu with birthday candle)
  • After lunch a sprinkle sugar cookie appeared!! foodblog 065
  • Invited for a popsicle outing tomorrow at LocoPops
  • A gift card and a lunch invite for next week at a place of my choosing
  • Two new Williams-Sonoma cushioned mats from Mom! (new on the left, old on the right) foodblog 069
  • Dinner out this weekend at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Raleigh (plus the Canon PowerShot SD890IS 10MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom) from Andy foodblog 067
  • DVD of The Tale of Despereaux (I recently read the book)
  • Birthday $$$
  • And the birthday wishes just keep coming, I really love and appreciate it!

Let the celebration continue with my favorite beer (from Wine Authorities)!

foodblog 073

Thanks everyone for making me feel so loved and my day extra special!

Give Away Alert

1 Jessica Blog signature

3 comments:

iowagirleats said...

WOW - perfect birthday, starting with a perfect breakfast - I want that doughnut!! :D Happy Birthday!

Kelsey said...

I love that beer!! Their two hearted ale is my favorite beer of all time!!

nick said...

Happy BDAY!!! Mine is the 24th. We are both Taurus on the cusps - not that I know what any of that means, but so I've been told! :)

Now I want a doughnut.