These are a nice substitute to pizza slices since the bowl style allows you to load up on toppings and sauce.
For dinner tonight we did a repeat of my Chicago-Style Pizza Bowls (see previous post for more details) this time with sautéed red onion, bell pepper, garlic and artichoke hearts and light muenster cheese in spicy marinara sauce.
Here’s a close-up after flipping the baked pizza bowl.
I served it with a Spinach and Boston Lettuce Salad with capers, red onion, goat cheese, peanuts and Asian dressing.
Here’s just a few of the reasons my husband rocks! When I came home…
- the yard was mowed and the patio leaves removed
- the dog food bin was refilled
- the coffee pot was cleaned and grinds emptied
- there was freshly brewed tea in the fridge
- the air filters were changed
- the house was vacuumed
- the toilets were cleaned
- he’d called Time Warner to reduce our phone bill
- he’d rented Slumdog Millionaire for us to enjoy
- tomorrow he’s putting up our outdoor gazebo, hammock, and power washing both the house and patio
I can count on him doing this type of stuff just about every weekend! What a sweetie I have!
I’m off to watch Slumdog Millionaire and then I plan to swing by the Durham Farmer’s Market for their official 10th season kick-off in the morning! I have to get one of Dolly Mama’s toasted hazelnut and milk chocolate bunnies!