Friday, April 3, 2009

Chicago-Style Pizza Bowls

These are a nice substitute to pizza slices since the bowl style allows you to load up on toppings and sauce.

foodblog 026

For dinner tonight we did a repeat of my Chicago-Style Pizza Bowls (see previous post for more details) this time with sautéed red onion, bell pepper, garlic and artichoke hearts and light muenster cheese in spicy marinara sauce

foodblog 011

Here’s a close-up after flipping the baked pizza bowl.

foodblog 022

I served it with a Spinach and Boston Lettuce Salad with capers, red onion, goat cheese, peanuts and Asian dressing.

foodblog 015

Here’s just a few of the reasons my husband rocks! When I came home…

  1. the yard was mowed and the patio leaves removed
  2. the dog food bin was refilled
  3. the coffee pot was cleaned and grinds emptied
  4. there was freshly brewed tea in the fridge
  5. the air filters were changed
  6. the house was vacuumed
  7. the toilets were cleaned
  8. he’d called Time Warner to reduce our phone bill
  9. he’d rented Slumdog Millionaire for us to enjoy
  10. tomorrow he’s putting up our outdoor gazebo, hammock, and power washing both the house and patio

I can count on him doing this type of stuff just about every weekend! What a sweetie I have!

I’m off to watch Slumdog Millionaire and then I plan to swing by the Durham Farmer’s Market for their official 10th season kick-off in the morning! I have to get one of Dolly Mama’s toasted hazelnut and milk chocolate bunnies!

1 Jessica Blog signature

1 comment:

KLM said...

This idea is BRILLIANT!! I loVe your cooking style.. It always makes me happy when I see that you have a post!