Monday, April 20, 2009

Greek Bison Burger Sliders

foodblog 041

I’m still super exhausted from the non-stop fun and long days of traveling. Some how I put myself on auto-pilot and got into the swing of things to pull together super tonight. I totally could have pulled something out of the oven, but I really wanted to make a nice meal for myself and Andy.

Along with the burgers we had two huge salads, using some of our CSA lettuce and tying in the Greek flavors. Green and red leaf lettuce, black olives, tomatoes, feta and dressing.

 foodblog 033

  • 1 pound ground bison
  • 1/2 cup cooked spinach, squeezed dry
  • 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
  • 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
  • Toppings: lettuce, red onion, tomato
  • Greek yogurt with dill, lemon, and capers
Recipe courtesy of Eating Well

foodblog 030

Spread meat mixture out thinly on a small bar pan.  Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

I diced my bison patty and made burger croutons for my salad. The flavors were great and the burger was tender.

foodblog 037

Baked Eggs in Marinara Sauce

Recipe courtesy of Everyday Food

foodblog 025

This was the delicious and ultra-fast meal we had last night. I thawed some homemade spicy marinara sauce and cracked an egg on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, top with parmesan cheese.

Served with crusty bread, pulled from the freezer and reheated.

 foodblog 028 

I’m off to fold a little laundry, do a few strength building exercises and sleep.

1 Jessica Blog signature

2 comments:

Sweetie Pie said...

I love Greek flavors, and the bison burgers look so good! I'd love mine on a salad too.

The baked egg is such a simple idea, and such a good one. I should try that sometime! Yum!

thenotsoskinnykitchen said...

I saw that baked egg recipe in Everyday Food and saw another blogger post about it as well, and while it looked good, I just wasn't sure about it. Now that I've seen it another time, I think I'm going to have to try it :)