Saturday, April 4, 2009

Green Monster and Exciting News!

I’ve taken note of the refreshing way Leah starts off many mornings. She prepares a Green Monster today I thought I’d give one a whirl.

foodblog 014

I find this to taste just as refreshing as it looks, it was icy cold and super smooth. I couldn’t taste the spinach at all, pretty much ended up being a banana smoothie but with the added benefits of spinach. I could see myself making this again as an afternoon snack, but I don’t see green monsters becoming a regular staple of my diet. I do feel quite full after slurping my last drop, I wonder how long it will last?

  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • 1 banana, broken into chunks and frozen
  • 1 tbsp ground flax
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • foodblog 006 foodblog 008

    Place all ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth.

    Exciting News

    I was featured as a “Durham Cook” in Raleigh's newspaper, The News & Observer! 

    Gotta love the headline…check out my article.

    Jess Durham Cooks 4-4-09a

    Recipe links mentioned:

    1 Jessica Blog signature

    10 comments:

    sarah said...

    oh my gosh, that is SO cool about the N&O!!! i read all the time although we get the chapel hill addition now :) congrats!

    The Healthy Hostess said...

    Congrats!! That is so exciting! I loved the pizza from yesterday!
    :)

    Steph (I am Bee) said...

    an article in a newspaper!? awesome!

    Amy said...

    congrats!

    Danko Family said...

    This is such an awesome accomplishment, girl! You are an amazing woman...I'm so lucky to have you as a lil and friend

    Celine said...

    congrats on the feature, Jessica!

    KLM said...

    I am sOOO excited for you + this article!!! Wine Authorities sounds like an amazing place + I can't wait to read about your egg nog!!! You are so fantastic!

    Miss_Krabi said...

    Hi Greeting from Krabi ,Thailand
    I just new here at blogger, I love to eat and cook , I found you blog
    it's was very helpful your have so many information for food & cooking that I looking for

    very cool .. Thanks for sharing your valued

    cheers
    Sally

    Jen (Running with Food) said...

    This is so exciting! Congrats, girl!!

    Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

    An article in the newspaper?! How awesome!!! (sorry I missed this, i'm slowly catching up on posts!)

    Glad you enjoyed the green monster too btw!