Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spring CSA – Week 1

Tonight was our first pick-up of the season. We always love the selection that Brinkley Farms provides and that the allow us to choose each week what we’d like to receive from their available offerings! Here’s my first weeks selection:

foodblog 026

  1. 1 head of red leaf lettuce
  2. 1 head of green leaf lettuce
  3. 1 bunch of green garlic
  4. 1 bunch of spring onions
  5. 1 lb ground chorizo

I’m wrapping the unwashed lettuce in paper towels and hoping they last until I get back on Sunday evening (same with the green garlic and spring onions). The chorizo got placed into the freezer for later use.

I’m off to finish up packing for my 8 AM flight. While I'm gone Andy is having the carpet and rugs steamed cleaned! He's also shared with me that he's having a Burger King whopper tomorrow night and frozen pizza Saturday - I'm glad he and the dogs get to let loose for a couple days!

I hope everyone has a gorgeous and enjoyable weekend.

1 Jessica Blog signature

1 comment:

thechiclife said...

Very nice! I've thought about doing a CSA, but I'm pretty happy with my organic delivery of produce...plus they come to us...haha. A CSA would be lovely, too! I love actually going to the farms where you get the foods. :)