Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Squashing it Up

Tonight, I made Creamy Acorn Squash Penne with Roasted Brussels Sprouts. This time I used spinach and feta chicken sausages as the protein, stirred in a couple handfuls of fresh spinach and replaced the cream cheese with a little goat cheese as garnish. It turned out really well, maybe even better than last time.

foodblog 034

My CSA with Brinkley Farms starts up next week plus we have plans to expand our own vegetable garden and I still have frozen vegetables to use up! There’s a little more frozen acorn squash (I’ll use it up in my next mac and cheese dish), four packs of freshly frozen garden tomatoes, two packs of spicy marinara sauce, and a pack of diced okra to use up. I better get busy!

I got my hair cut today at The Garden Salon – love having it styled nicely for a day…

foodblog 029

1 Jessica Blog signature

4 comments:

Christy said...

Man I wish I had an agreement with a farm like you do. That is really cool. I found a farmers market in the area that I live but it is not all that great. Most of the prices are higher than the grocery store. This year I have started my own garden on my balcony. I have planted cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes, basil, bell peppers and rosemary. I want to add a jalepano plant though.

Love you blog, btw! It is great!

Nicole (Sweetie Pie) said...

I love pasta dishes with squashes. A nice winter squash, with butter and sage is one of my favorite pasta toppings. Your dish sounds great!

Your hair looks awesome!! I'm way over due for a trim. I'm sure I'll be getting a lecture about that the next time I see my stylist. :-(

talesofexpansion said...

mmm, that dinner looks delicious. and you have such fun veggie plans! i'm doing a csa for the 1st time this year -- it starts in june and i can't wait!

p.s. love your haircut!

myblackfriendsays said...

You had me at spinach and feta chicken sausages--and your new haircut is cute too (: