A sandwich that tastes this good shouldn’t be this easy…
These are fabulous!! The nutty tempeh texture goes perfectly on a Reuben. We really enjoyed this sandwich, I’d easily say this is a must try and I plan for this to become a regular in our house.
I ate mine open faced.
- oven broiled rye bread, both sides (spread with smart balance)
- tempeh (marinated at room temp in Worcestershire sauce while prepping other ingredients)
- sauerkraut at room temp, sprinkled with caraway seeds
- Swiss cheese slices
- Russian Dressing (3 Tbsp Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp capers, 1 tsp relish)
- dill pickle spear, on the side
Assemble, broil until golden brown and devour!
Three Grain Pilaf
- 1/2 cup wild rice
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice
- 1/2 cup wheat berries
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar or lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Place grains in medium saucepan along with water. Bring to a boil, add salt and then reduce to a simmer for 40 minutes or until all water is absorbed. Add is remaining seasonings and add additional salt if desired.