This is a summer time method for a fall flavored dish! I topped my burger with some cranberry butter I had in the fridge and served it on a whole wheat English muffins. The saltines really keep the burger tender and the turkey flavor is outstanding with the sage and dried cranberries.
- 1/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and stir until combined; do not overmix. Form the mixture into 6 patties.
- Coat a large nonstick grill pan, with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add the patties, reduce heat to medium, and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Cover and continue to cook until lightly browned but still juicy (the juices should run clear, not pink), about 4 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Eating Well
Butter Crunch Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 Tbsp cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups torn butter crunch or romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon toasted hazelnuts, chopped
Pour dressing over lettuce; toss well. Sprinkle with hazelnuts before serving.