Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Birthday Dinner at Revolution

Revolution has such a unique menu that I have honestly been a little hesitant to try it out. The first words on the menu are “chilled/raw” and it’s followed by octopus…I’m all for a nice sushi roll, but those words aren’t typically ones that get my taste buds dancing. After a 5 course meal (plus tasting each course of Andy’s) I now have complete trust in the chef; it was out of this world good!! All invitations for future dinners at Revolution are welcome!

Pre-dinner walking foodblog 002

Heading insidefoodblog 007

foodblog 010

Pre-dinner cocktails…foodblog 011

Andy got the James Bond Martini (so good, first one I’ve actually liked…and I stole an extra sip when he wasn’t looking).foodblog 014

I got a Blueberry Lavender Fizz, light and refreshing and immediately “hit” me…though there was no alcohol taste.

foodblog 013

We decided to enjoy the Tri(fecta) Flight, which is a wine pairing of three selections.foodblog 012

First course: delicious crusty bread with a tender interior that I had way too much of…enjoyed with our cocktails.foodblog 016

Second course: I had “White Shrimp with fresh horseradish and chili-lime sauce” paired with a sauvignon blanc…I believe…foodblog 019

Andy had “Cold Water Oysters on the half shell” it came with a lemon wrapped in cheese cloth for easy squeezing and three dipping sauces: cocktail, horseradish, chili-lime.foodblog 018

I’d never had oysters and was dying to try one. They are great, just like super cold, soft little seafood (think tender shrimp) that go straight down. I had two of these.foodblog 020

Third course: Squash and goat cheese stuffed tamales with a watermelon confit, paired with a…I don’t know :-)…but it was delicious.foodblog 022

Andy got the Smoked Salmon with baguette crisps and fried capers.foodblog 021

Fourth course: I got the Grilled Atlantic Salmon with edamame and ink gnocchi…perfection, it was paired with some sort of new world red wine.foodblog 027

Andy got the chef’s special, Duck Breast on a bed of mashed potatoes with a port wine sauce and an old world red wine.foodblog 026

Fifth (and final) course: I enjoyed a Lime Napoleon with Strawberries and the waitress but us a birthday treat for each of us, a complimentary tasting of a rose champagne…we loved this one and it really went well with the dessert. (Check out how they made the candle stand on it’s own on the plate, with melted wax!!)foodblog 030

1 Jessica Blog signature

1 comment:

sarah said...

okay, it's offiicial -- we need to have a double date here! maybe some time in june or july? it looks fantastic and you and i would have so much fun discussing the cuisine :)