Thursday, May 21, 2009

Red Wine Rice with Grapes

I’ve loved this idea from the moment I saw it, isn’t it gorgeous? The taste and texture, however were a bit off. It was edible, but not something I would feel good about serving to others. If I ever try this dish again, I’ll use a half wine and half broth combination.

foodblog 020

  • 1 3/4 cups dry red wine (I used cabernet sauvignon)
  • 1 cup white rice
  • salt, to taste
  • 1 cup red or black seedless grapes, halved

Bring red wine to a boil with bay leaf and olive oil, stir in white rice and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover the pot and cook for 15 minutes, stir in grapes, turn off heat and let stand 5 minutes.

Recipe courtesy of 30 Minute Meals

Served with Trader Joe’s lightly braded fish sticks, dipped in light ranch dressing.

foodblog 019

Along with a green leaf lettuce salad, tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette with peaches and strawberries.

 foodblog 018  

Durham Farmer’s Market – Week 3

foodblog 003

  • 1 pint strawberries (so good)
  • 2 green house tomatoes

Brinkley Farms Spring CSA – Week 6

foodblog 007

  • 1 bundle of spring onions
  • 1 bundle of swiss chard
  • 1 quart of red potatoes
  • 1 bag of baby spinach
  • 1 head of kohlrabi
  • 1 head of green leaf lettuce

1 Jessica Blog signature

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Excellent post!! Those are really become delicious with my favorite wine.