I submitted the Cherry Chocolate Peanut Butter Cereal Treats for this weeks Blogger Secret Ingredient (BSI) hosted by the Simply Fabulous Leah and found out that I won this weeks challenge!! Sweet! Here’s the fun prize package I’ll be receiving…all the way from England..5 of Leah’s favorite teas and Trek Bars only sold in the UK!!
Slow Cooker Jamaican Chicken Curry
A nice solid recipe, it wasn’t the best thing ever but it was good and filling.
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (13.5 ounces) light coconut milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Cooked brown rice, for serving
- In a large slow cooker, place all the ingredients inside (except the peas and rice).
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4. The chicken should shred easily with 2 forks when fully cooked.
- Remove from heat and stir in peas. Serve curry over rice.
Recipe method adapted from Everyday Food Mag
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/4 cup chunked pineapple
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup shelled edamame
- salt and pepper
Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan with a lid. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer 40-45 minutes.