These were exactly what Zesty promised, perfect with a nice crunch! We ate these while watching the movie Dirty Harry. At one point I looked over at Andy and he was shaking his leg with enjoyment, a true sign that he really enjoyed these.
Tomorrow, we’re heading out for a fun morning and afternoon in Durham. We’re stopping by Daisy Cakes, Durham Farmer’s Market, Durham Craft Market, Only Burger to grab the "only burger you’ll ever want”, and Wine Authorities. A slight chance, that we’ll swing by the Triangle Brewing Company to catch their tour. I’ll be packing the camera, so there’ll be a recap to come.
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco or burrito seasoning
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (my addition)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mild or hot salsa
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 small can/jar chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup of chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1 bag white corn tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce, chopped (my addition)
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- bowls of salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for dipping
- Chop chicken into bite-sized pieces. In a medium saucepan, combine chicken, taco seasoning, black beans, water, and salsa over medium heat. Cook mixture until chicken is heated through and sauce is well-blended. Remove mixture from heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- To cook the nachos: Place a pizza stone or baking sheet into a 400 degree preheated oven for about 15 minutes. Remove the pizza stone and place the tortilla chips on the stone. Place them close together but not overlapping. Sprinkle a little cheese over the chips and then place the chicken mixture on (make sure not to place any extra liquid on the chips). After the chicken, add the peppers, chilies, and onions spreading a liberal amount over the chips. Finally, add the cheese.
- Bake them on the middle rack at 400 degrees until cheese is melted through and the chips start to crisp around the edges, 3-5 minutes. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and green onions; serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole.
Recipe courtesy of Zesty Cook
I served my chicken and black bean mixture on top of a bed of lettuce with several chips on the side for crunch, scrumptious!
Zesty also has a great giveaway currently running