Wonderful, quick, and so hard to resist.
- 1/2 pound whole wheat rotini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 ounces 1% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 box frozen chopped artichokes, thawed and drained
In a large pot of boiling, salted water cook the pasta to al dente and drain. Return to the pot and melt in the butter. Toss to coat.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and mustard. Stir into the pasta and add the cheese. Over low heat continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy. Add in heated spinach and artichokes.
Recipe adapted from Alton Brown
Brinkley Farms Spring CSA – Week 9
- 1 head of green leaf lettuce
- 1 bundle of spring onions
- 1 lb squash
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 lb broccoli
- 1 qt red potatoes
- 1 fennel bulb