Thursday, June 4, 2009

The house is ready!

I’m super excited to have my family arriving tomorrow afternoon!! I spent this evening making our three beds, doing laundry, cleaning bathrooms, and prepping some kitchen ingredients.

I think my nephews, Aaron and Colton, are just as excited to see me as I am them! They are 7 and 5 yrs old now. My sister called tonight to say that at about 5 PM Colton asked, "Mommy, can I go to sleep now so it will be tomorrow and when I wake up we can go see Aunt Jessica?” Melt my heart...what a sweetie!

Here’s the guest bedroom, complete with a clean robe, candies, magazines and flowers.

foodblog 006 

Guest bath

foodblog 014

Exercise room turned into guest bedroom #2 with a double size aerobed.

foodblog 005

Dinner was a mushroom, rosemary, and gruyere flat bread from Scratch bakery – so good and addicting! This is full of rich olive oil too.

foodblog 009

along with tasty California rolls

foodblog 010

Brinkley Farms Spring CSA – Week 8

foodblog 013

  • 1 lb yellow squash
  • 1 lb zucchini
  • 1 qt red potatoes
  • 1 bundle spring onions
  • 1 lb bag of 100% whole wheat flour

1 Jessica Blog signature

1 comment:

sarah said...

hey! are you thinking of going to the farm to fork picnic on june 14? josh and i are considering it . . . looks like a local foodie's dream :)