Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kentucky (and TN) Bound!

The past several nights I have dedicated to packing and cleaning up for our trip home to KY. We’re driving straight through Friday afternoon and will be swinging by my husbands aunt and uncle’s house in TN on our way back.

So the last two nights our suppers have been quite easy, and special treats for us. After work Wednesday, I stopped by the Durham Farmer’s Market and picked up a couple burgers for our dinner from Only Burger.

foodblog 006

I got both a veggie and a classic cheese burger for the two of us to split. They were awesome, I especially loved the cheese burger!

foodblog 009

Lastly, I got another delicious loaf of flatbread from Scratch bakery to save for tonight's dinner with hummus.

foodblog 008

I’ve loved using my new hand and dish towel set that my sister gave me when she was visiting earlier this month. Homemade gifts, foods, and drawings mean so much more to Andy and I now that we don’t get to see our loved ones as often as we’d like.

foodblog 005

(Sorry for the dark photo)

Brinkley Farms Final Spring CSA – Week 12

foodblog 011

2 green bell peppers
1 dozen, white sweet corn
1 pack sweet Italian sausage

1 Jessica Blog signature

2 comments:

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Have a safe trip!

Those burgers look fantastic! I am long overdue for one!! YUM!

I love homemade good too! My grandmother always makes those dishclothes like those. :-)

Have a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you!!

Mom