Tuesday, July 14, 2009

CEiMB: Aromatic Noodles with Lime-Peanut Sauce

Hosted by Supplicious

I’ve always thought that this was one of Ellie’s star recipes (along with her chili, turkey meatloaf, jambalaya and chicken pot pie). I personally love the sauce, I can’t think of a much better way to eat vegetables than to smear and serve them with warm peanut butter sauce pasta!

foodblog 038

3/4 pound spinach linguine or whole-wheat spaghetti
2 cups (about 9 ounces) broccoli florets
2 cups (about 6 ounces) snow peas, trimmed
2 cups (about 6 ounces) sugar snap peas, trimmed
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 scallion, cut into pieces
3/4 inch fresh ginger, finely grated
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 cup shelled unsalted peanuts

Cook the pasta in a large pot of water according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water. While the pasta is cooking put the broccoli in a steamer basket over a large pot of boiling water and steam it for 3 minutes. Add the snow peas and sugar snap peas and steam for 2 minutes more.

foodblog 034

Toast the peanuts in a dry pan over a medium heat until they become fragrant, about 3 minutes. Set them aside to cool. Make the sauce by pureeing the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, vinegar, lime juice, scallion, ginger, sugar and red pepper flakes in a food processor or blender until smooth.

foodblog 036

Right before serving, toss the pasta with 3/4 cup of the peanut sauce. Divide into 6 serving bowls and top each serving with the vegetables. Drizzle the remaining sauce over the vegetables. Coarsely chop the peanuts, sprinkle them on top and serve.

Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger

1 Jessica Blog signature

9 comments:

Karine said...

I love your sauce! This recipe would also probably be amazing with soba noodles :)

sara said...

yeah, this was super tasty. I really liked it a lot and I don't think I ever would have made it on my own.

Peggy said...

We loved this dish! Yours looks great. I guess my sauce was right because it looks just like yours. I'll make this again and again.

applecrumbles said...

Looks totally yummy. It was a very good dish and I agree, one of Ellie's best so far.

nick said...

"I can’t think of a much better way to eat vegetables than to smear and serve them with warm peanut butter sauce pasta!"

Now that I think about it, the only option that is coming readily to mind is tempura frying them, otherwise this is pretty much the best!

Marthe said...

Totally agree, this dish was delish!

Maria Salomon said...

I def. wouldn't have made this on my own......so glad it was picked. I love it!

Alyssa said...

I love finding Ellie recipes that are "keepers". She has a lot of good recipes, but then you get to one like this and you can't go wrong.

Leslie said...

I agree, this one is a winner! I haven't tried Ellie's meatloaf yet but it wounds like I need to,