One of the foods I adore making for myself…
• cooking spray
• 3 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, etc
• 4 Tbsp ground flax seed
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
• 3/4 cup dried cranberries, raisins, etc
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the above ingredients; except fruit. Spread granola mixture in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Transfer to oven and bake, stirring every 15-20 minutes, until granola is toasted. I baked mine for about 1 hour, but I like it nice and toasty so start checking it after 45 minutes.
3. Remove granola from oven; toss in fruit and season with additional salt. Transfer the sheet to a cooling rack; let cool completely before serving or storing in an airtight container for up to 1 month.