Saturday, July 25, 2009

Old-Fashioned Vanilla Malt Milkshake

When I was a kid, Mom would take my sister and I to Ival’s, a local burger and shake joint, Ross, Ohio. We’d always get a steak grinder with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese and a vanilla malted milkshake. My mom loved them so much that her enthusiasm rubbed off on us – to do this day I adore both of these special treats!

foodblog 039

1/2 cup cold milk
3 tablespoons malted milk powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 scoops vanilla ice cream


In a blender, mix together milk, malted milk powder and vanilla extract. Scoop in ice cream. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass and serve.

Madison Central High School

Today’s my 10 year high school reunion back in Richmond, KY.  There are several friends I would love to catch-up with, but I can’t say I’m too sad that I’m missing it. I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes and getting to see fun photos of everyone.

Here’s an old scanned in photo of me back in 1999 at my high school graduation party. Funny that my hair is cut very similar now, I haven’t changed much!

4902_115427172852_590322852_2870092_321998_na

Now

July 2009 (3)

1 Jessica Blog signature

No comments: