Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rhubarb Muffins

While I was on vacation one of Zesty’s recipes particularly caught my eye – a muffin full of diced rhubarb! I love anything rhubarb and have been wanting to stray a bit from my ever so good rhubarb oatmeal crisp. So far this year I’ve made rhubarb crumb bars and rhubarb muffies as well.

foodblog 011

1/2 Cup Flour
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Oil
1 Tsp. Almond Extract
1/2 Cup Diced Rhubarb

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Mix dry ingredients. Beat egg; add milk, oil and almond extract.

Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients and stir to moisten. Fold in Rhubarb. Portion batter into lined muffin cups, makes 10.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool. 150 calories per muffin.

1 Jessica Blog signature

No comments: