An entertaining twist on pizza slices – these were fun, but won’t beat out the traditional version too often in our house. We paired the green olives in these up with a glass of Chardonnay and popped Pretty in Pink into the dvd player!!
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- mozzarella cheese, diced into 24 mini cubes
- toppings of your choice: ham and pineapple, artichokes and olives, etc. (I used green olives, artichokes and fresh basil)
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T olive oil or melted butter
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 t dried Italian seasoning
- marinara sauce, for dipping
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Roll out your pizza dough onto a lightly floured surface, to about 12" by 8". Cut it into 24 squares using a pizza cutter to slice.
Place cheese and desired toppings on each square. Just eyeball how much. You just need to be able to enclose the toppings in the dough so keep that in mind.
When all of your dough squares have cheese and toppings on them, carefully lift up each square and wrap the dough around the toppings. Pinch to make sure each ball is sealed shut and then place them seam side down in a lightly sprayed pie pan (or similar sized dish).
Brush the tops of the dough balls with olive oil or melted butter and sprinkle with the garlic and Italian seasoning and top with Parmesan cheese.
Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Serve with warmed marinara sauce on the side for dipping.