Saturday, July 18, 2009

Third Friday Durham

Thursday was our CSA pick-up; it had been two week since our last one and I was really starting to notice a difference in my daily vegetable intake! I really missed our reserved boxes of veggies.

Brinkley Farms Summer CSA – Week 1

foodblog 045

1 lb  - heirloom tomatoes
1 lb - yellow cherry tomatoes
1 lb - red cherry tomatoes
1 lb - squash
1 lb - zucchini
1 - green bell pepper
2 - cubanelle peppers
2 - ananheim peppers
1/2 dozen - white sweet corn

Friday after work I headed straight to Local Yogurt (LoYo) for their new blueberry flavor that had just been added to their lineup. I’m happy to report that it’s delicious! I ordered a small and asked for just a little butter pecan to be placed at the bottom of my cup. My favorite topping that I’ve tried is Dolly Mama’s dark chocolate bark pieces!! LoYo, in my opinion, is by far the best place to stop for an indulgent treat! A big thanks to Ted Domville too for coming up with fresh new flavors and keeping me up-to-date on them by Twitter. So far he’s had (and I’ve tried :) plain, chocolate, coffee, peanut butter, strawberry, mango, butter pecan and blueberry.

foodblog 048

Later that evening we met Kelly and Brian for dinner at Blue Corn Cafe and then headed out for Durham's' Third Friday art walk at Golden Belt, in celebration of their 1st birthday!

There was a performance by the American Dance Festival, art exhibits, and 35 artist studios open for pursuing. We also were greeted by champagne, wine and home brewed beer.

Andy and I tried the IPA and Pineapple Hefenweiser – pretty great!

foodblog 062 foodblog 050 foodblog 053 foodblog 060 foodblog 063 foodblog 064 foodblog 066 foodblog 069

It was a super nice and gorgeous evening out!

1 Jessica Blog signature

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sometimes, I really, really, REALLY hate being a food allergy girl. Sure, I can buy my ice cream at Whole foods, but I can't ever get ice cream/yogurt/gelatto (That one breaks my heart) when I'm out. Two years ago, I would have gone to LoYo every week. Now, never :(

Maybe I need to go into business offering casein-free versions of ice creamy stuff.