Sunday, August 2, 2009

Busy, Busy

I'm blogging from Pawley's Island, SC!! We've had a super exciting and busy week and now get to chill and be mindless all week long :-)

Last Wednesday, my friend Elizabeth was in town while her daughter attended the Duke Running Camp. I babysat her daughter for about six years stright when I was younger and she was also a flower girl in my wedding. We had such a nice time catching-up and touring Durham together (YMCA, Morgan Imports, Parker & Otis, Toast, Miller-Motte Massage Clinic, Southpointe, Locopops, Daisy Cakes, Durham Farmer's Market, and Duke Gardens).

outside of the Farmer's Market
Elizabeth encouraged me to try the hula hoop - after a few tries I finally got it for the very first time in my LIFE and loved it!!! I was able to keep it up for about 2 minutes and have decided to purchase one.
Brinkley Farms Summer CSA – Week 3 & 4

4 pints sweet snacking peppers
4 cubanelle peppers
1 lb zucchini
1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes
2/1lb packs ground beef

I'll be back later in the week with a beach update. While I'm away I invite you to take a look at my friends new blog "Goodies By Kate", she makes and decorates awesome custome cakes!

2 comments:

Danko Family said...

Thanks for your shout out babe! Hope you're having fun on vacation

Sara said...

I am totally jealous of your vacation and your vacation eats!