Hosted by The Tortefeasor
The dipping sauce made this recipe. I’m not sure the chicken marinade was worth the effort, but I loved the slightly spicy peanut butter laded sauce!
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai fish sauce (or 2 additional teaspoons low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast pounded slightly and cut into 1-inch strips
- 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked for 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce, recipe below
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted peanuts
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, coconut milk, soy sauce, shallot, garlic, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime zest, and ginger. Add the chicken strips and marinate for 1 hour. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade.
Spray a nonstick grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over a medium-high flame. While pan is heating, thread chicken onto skewers. Grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, until meat is cooked through and has light grill marks.
Serve chicken skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce, and garnish with basil or cilantro and chopped peanuts.
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 1 shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
Sauce can be made 1 day ahead of time, and will keep 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.