Wednesday, August 12, 2009

CEiMB: Stuffed Turkey Burgers

Hosted by Pantry Revisited

We’ve enjoyed this Ellie Krieger recipe for a few years now. This time I wanted to give it a healthy punch of flavorful Indian spices! This was one of the best burgers I’ve made in a while. When the patties hit the grill I immediately smelt the warm curry powder aroma! These were super tender this time too, not sure why…but there wasn’t a single thing for either of us complain about.

I topped them with heirloom tomato slices and basil from my garden! :-)

foodblog 007

  • 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey breast
  • 1/2 cup chopped roasted red peppers
  • 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

I’ve had Kevin’s burgers bookmarked for sometime how and love the combination of flavors in them. Here are my spice additions courtesy of Closet Cooking.

  • 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 teaspoon garlic, grated
  • 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
  • 1 teaspoon chili sauce
  • mango chutney, topping

Add additional seasonings to the ground turkey.

foodblog 002

Divide turkey into 4 equal sized rounds. Make 2 equal sized patties out of each round so you have 8 patties total. Sprinkle 4 of the patties with 2 tablespoons red peppers and cheese, and top with remaining patties, working the turkey around the edges to seal burgers closed. Season with salt and a few grinds of pepper. Grill or broil until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.

foodblog 008

Recipe adapted from Ellie Krieger

Brinkley Farms Summer CSA – Week 5

Augusta 002

3 pints yummy peppers
1 lb zucchini
1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes

I chose really simple and nice snacking items again since we’re traveling to Augusta, GA for our friends wedding this weekend. Congrats Steve & Patricia!

1 Jessica Blog signature

5 comments:

applecrumbles said...

Terrific. They were so tasty but I bet the curry addition and more made them outstanding.

Mary Ann said...

I love the flavorings you added- I am going to have to try them next time, because we really enjoyed this recipe!

Aggie said...

Those burgers sound great!! This is such a versatile recipe! Yum!

Peggy said...

I bet the addition of spices really flaved these up! Thanks for cooking with me this week. :)

Sara said...

love the spice additions, nicely done!