Monday, August 3, 2009

CEiMB: Zucchini Cupcakes with Lemony Cream Cheese Frosting

This morning I woke up to a sweet message in the sand from my hubby...nice way to start the day. I made this weeks CEiMB recipe last weekend, so that I could pack them up in advance for the beach. I baked 6 bakery sized muffins using Ellie's recipe, only swapping the carrot for zucchini. My cooking philosophy is to always cook with in season produce and find a use for what I have in the house before purchasing anything else. It challenges me at times, but in a good way :)

These muffins/cupcakes (what's the difference anyway?) were a huge hit. They are very moist and have a nice light sweetness and I'm a huge fan of the cream cheese icing. These "muffins" made a perfect summertime beach breakfast.

Hosted by Enjoying My Favorite Things

For lunch today, Sandy and I made Crunchy Oven-Fried Fish and Foster's Market Mac & Cheese - both recipes are certainly keepers.

After lunch we had spent some quality time with Andy's first cousins and first cousin-once-removed (the newest family addition, Elliott)
He's a very sweet, cuddly, even-tempered little guy :)

Now I plan to do some reading (70 pages left) and try to work up an appetite for chocolate-mint Grasshopper Pie with a chocolate syrup drizzle. Last night we all enjoyed the Pecan Pie heated in the microwave for a few seconds - it was a little runny and delicious. Beach life is rough!


9 comments:

Diana said...

omg, my mouth was watering at just the title! those "nuffins" sound delish! :)

applecrumbles said...

Your cooking philosophy make sense to me! Great job - we enjoyed these as well, but I just love carrot cake so went with the recipe plus a few additions.

sara said...

Zucchini is a great substitute, that slathering of frosting looks fantastic. Now I wish I had made the frosting!

Lauryn said...

OMG, your hubby is amazing!! That is soooo romantic that he wrote in the sand! Your cupcakes look delicious...I had thought about using zucchini as well...I bet they tasted amazing!

Marthe said...

Zucchini cupcakes, interesting!!

Rachel said...

I bet the zucchini really was good in these. I'll have to try them again sometime and switch it out for the carrots.

I see you are in Durham - I am in Greensboro. We're almost neighbors! :)

Anonymous said...

DON'T FORGET THE PIE!!!!

Rachel said...

I think a North Carolina blogger meetup is a great idea!

diatpillen said...

Elliot looks cute. Got a lovely cutie addition to your family. Do post some more such nice pics of your lovely family.