These had a nice crunchy exterior and a moist, fork tender interior. I seem to be on an exceptionally great role this week with my meals. I must be releasing my stress and tension through cooking – glad to be benefiting from it in some way :-)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 egg
- 12 saltine crackers, finely crushed (1/2 cup) I used bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa, divided
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Mix first 4 ingredients with 1/2 cup salsa.
Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Divide mixture into four and press into patties. Cook 5-6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
OR evenly press into 12 muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Use back of spoon to make indentation in center of each. Place muffin pan on foil-covered baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 min. or until meatloaves are done (160°F). Top with remaining salsa and cheese; bake 3 min. or until cheese is melted.
Recipe courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen/Kraft Foods
This was the best risotto I’ve made yet!
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice, uncooked
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves, or to taste (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring vegetable or chicken stock to a boil in a medium stock pot, then reduce heat to a low simmer.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy bottomed stock pot over medium heat. Stir in onions and cook for 2 minutes, or until softened. Add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly toasted. Gradually ladle in simmering vegetable stock, stirring continuously. Risotto will become "creamy" and slightly sticky, yet still firm in the center, or al dente.
- When almost finished, stir in the zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, and thyme, adding stock as needed and stirring continuously. Stir in basil and 3 tablespoons cheese just before serving. Divide risotto among 6 bowls, sprinkle with remaining cheese, and season with pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy of All Recipes
Freshly ripen peach, vanilla frozen yogurt, and homemade granola.
Brinkley Farms Summer CSA – Week 5
4 Anaheim peppers
1 lb okra
1 pt yummy peppers
1 pt yellow cherry tomatoes
1 lb red tomatoes
1 lb zucchini (I shredded one before I remembered to photograph them :)