Monday, August 24, 2009

Fig, Smoky Bacon, and Edam Panini

I adore figs…and am happy to see that Elizabeth @ Guilty Kitchen does too. She chose them as this weeks BSI challenge - here’s my entry that really allows the figs texture and flavor to shine.

foodblog 003

2 slices of bread
2 figs, sliced
2 slices Edam or Brie cheese, sliced
2 slices bacon, cooked
butter
brown sugar

1. Assemble the sandwich. Spread butter on the outside of the bread slices and sprinkle lightly with brown sugar.

2. Grill until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.

6 comments:

THE ACTORS DIET said...

i'm a fig freak...this looks amazing

brandi said...

this looks amazing. I wish I could find fresh figs!

sara said...

Awesome sandwich!

sarah said...

AHHH!H!! SO GOOD! i just tried fresh figs for the first time this morning! your sandwich looks to-die-for.

Graziana said...

I can't wait to have fresh figs and try this sandwiches!

borderline syndrom said...

Hi...
Thank you for sharing such a nice recipe. I would love this item. I am giving a party to my friends this weekend at my farmhouse. I was wondering about some new item to treat my friends with. I will surely try this and let you know.