Hosted by Apple Crumbles
Recipe courtesy of Ellie Krieger
I apparently was totally focused on the bean dip when I was planning the grocery list this week. As I started cooking tonight, I realized that I didn’t have corn tortillas, fresh tomatoes, green cabbage, or cilantro - whoops!! I did have whole wheat flax tortillas, cheddar cheese, and all of the black bean dip ingredients…so away I went.
Maple Pecan Peach Crisp
I saw Kevin's post last night (below) and immediatly placed this on my menu plan for the following day, it just looked and sounded that good! This was were my stomach really wanted to focus tonight :) I made sure to eat lightly at dinner so I could enjoy a helping of this! I LOVED the crisp topping, the pecans and maple syrup were indescribable with the peaches!!
- 3 peaches, sliced and peeled
- 3 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
1. Mix the peaches and preserves and place them in a buttered 9x9 baking dish.
2. Mix the sugar, sour cream, egg, flour and vanilla and pour over the peaches.
3. Bake in a preheated 425F oven for 20 minutes.
4. Mix the flour, oats, sugar, syrup, pecans, cinnamon and oil until it forms crumbs.
5. Sprinkle the crumbs over the top.
6. Bake in a preheated 425F oven until the top is golden brown and a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.