Hosted by Imafoodblog
This is one of my husbands all time favorite breakfasts'. When I make this it’s actually one of the few times I can count on him to eat breakfast on the weekends. We made and enjoyed this last Saturday morning on my homemade pumpernickel bread.
- 8 pieces packaged, thin pumpernickel bread (3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches))
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, core, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons chopped, fresh chives
- Salt and pepper
Toast the bread and spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of cream cheese on top of each piece. Put a slice of smoked salmon, a couple of slices of onion, one or 2 slices of cucumber, and about 1 tablespoon of chopped tomato on top of that. Sprinkle with chives and season with salt and pepper.