Thursday, September 3, 2009

Farmer’s Market – Good Things

Don't forget to keep your BSI oats challenge entries coming my way!!

This evening we enjoyed a delicious selection of savory pastries from Scratch Bakery, Roasted Corn & Tasso Ham Empanada and Tomato & Eggplant Ricotta Tart.

They were both lovely! I'm going to really miss the Wednesday market after it closes at the end of September.

foodblog 067

Community-Supported Fishery (CSF)

image

I’m SO excited!! I just found out about and enrolled in a CSF, here in Durham! It begins on Sept 17 and I can look forward to fresh, local seafood such as: hard clams, shrimp, triggerfish, spot, mullet, flounder, and black drum. I started off with their “filleted, bi-weekly half share” which equates to one-two lbs every other week. :-)

Brinkley Farms Summer CSA – Week 7

foodblog 002

  • 1 green bell pepper
  • 1 pt red cherry tomatoes
  • 1 lb heirloom tomatoes
  • 1 lb okra
  • 2 lbs 100% whole wheat flour

Larabar has three new flavors – I was able to get my hands on them at Whole Foods - Tropical Fruit Bar, Peanut Butter & Jelly, German Chocolate Cake.

foodblog 060

Flowers were also on sale at Whole Foods this week – 2 bunches of 10 gladiolas for $6!

foodblog 063 foodblog 064

I’m headed off to Asheville tomorrow after work to meet my sister and 5 yr old nephew. Have a safe and fun Labor Day weekend everyone!

No comments: