Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mac N Cheese Pizza

This was such a fun, comfort dinner. We both loved it – what’s not to like? Andy ate more slices than usual and topped his with ketchup, just like he would his regular mac n cheese – delish!

foodblog 033

foodblog 037

  • 1 ball of pizza dough (new super thin recipe)
  • ~2 cups of prepared Velveeta macaroni and cheese
  • 1 cup mozzarella and cheddar cheese combo
Recipe inspired by Hungry Wanders & Toppers

Brinkley Farms Summer CSA – Week 8

foodblog 026

2 lbs green tomatoes
1 lb heirloom tomatoes
1 lb red cherry tomatoes
2 lbs 100% whole wheat flour

Dos Perros – Lunch

I had a fantastic lunch this week at Dos Perros – this was my second visit and both times I have found the food refreshingly good.

foodblog 019

We started off being served a large bowl of homemade wheat flour tortilla chips and a chile arbol salsa. I really liked the tang of the yellow which was definitely full of tomatillos.

foodblog 020

Next my friend and I split a couple lunch entrees. We ordered the Nopales Asado - grilled cactus paddles with assorted salsas and garnish. This was my first time trying grilled cactus and I found it to have a smoky green pepper texture and flavor.

foodblog 022

Finally, we split the Chiles en Nogada - stuffed poblanos with walnut cream and pomegranate. This was their Thursday special and one of their usual dinner items. We loved this – the pepper was a little crispy and fork tender and the cream sauce was fantastic!

foodblog 021

2 comments:

thenotsoskinnykitchen said...

When I first heard of/saw mac and cheese pizza, I thought it would be gross. It has quickly become one of my favorite guilty pleasures though I've never tried making it at home. Looks great though!

Amanda said...

glad to see the homemade mac n chese pizza worked out so well!