My super cute little helper (aka Wilson) and I made a couple light and fruity dishes yesterday…
White Grape Gazpacho
Simply refreshing, great accompanist to a sandwich or salad.
- 2 1/2 cups seedless white grapes, plus more finely chopped or sliced, for garnish
- 1 cup regular soy milk, chilled
- 1/2 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped, plus more thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
Put the soy milk and almonds in the jar of a blender and puree until very smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. With the motor running, slowly add the grapes, scallions and lime juice; season with salt and pepper and puree until well blended.
To serve, pour into a small bowls and garnish with chopped or sliced grapes and sliced scallions.
Recipe courtesy of 5 Ingredient Fix
Pom and Mint Popsicles/Sorbet
So far I’ve only had a couple spoonfuls of the sorbet. The sorbet has a great light, texture and the flavor was dynamo! I love the subtle hint of mint with the pomegranate.
- 1 cup Mint Simple Syrup, recipe follows
- 2 cups 100 percent pomegranate juice (recommended: Pom Wonderful)
- 1 cup orange juice
- Fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
In a glass pitcher, combine the Mint Simple Syrup, pomegranate juice, and orange juice. Pour the pomegranate mixture into popsicle molds or an ice cream maker and freeze (I did a little of each).
Mint Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 packed cup packed fresh mint leaves
In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, and mint leaves over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the syrup to cool for 20 minutes. Strain before using.