Friday, September 18, 2009

Zucchini Whoopie Pies

Oh, my!! The moment I saw these, I knew the fate of my CSA baskets’ zucchini. These are delicious, go make them now!!

foodblog 045

Cookies:

  • 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Mix shortening and sugar. Add in egg. Mix. Add milk and mix.
2. Add in dry ingredients and stir.
3. Blend in the zucchini and vanilla.

Using a small scoop, drop onto a greased baking sheet. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350* for about 12-15 minutes, until the bottom gets browned. Makes about 20 sandwiches.

Cool and sandwich cookies with cream cheese filling.

Filling:

  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt

Beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy.

Recipe courtesy of Real Mom Food

3 comments:

robinbb said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! These look soooooooo good!

Mohati said...

Hey Jess,

I saw your recipe on FB and it looked soooo good. I made the pies yesterday and they came out great! Thanks for posting it. I'll be looking forward to more great recipes :)

robinbb said...

Following up...I made these for my husband's birthday tonight and they were so good. He told me he liked them much better than the cake he had over the weekend.

And for dinner, he requested your black bean burger recipe, his favorite.