Oh, my!! The moment I saw these, I knew the fate of my CSA baskets’ zucchini. These are delicious, go make them now!!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix shortening and sugar. Add in egg. Mix. Add milk and mix.
2. Add in dry ingredients and stir.
3. Blend in the zucchini and vanilla.
Using a small scoop, drop onto a greased baking sheet. Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350* for about 12-15 minutes, until the bottom gets browned. Makes about 20 sandwiches.
Cool and sandwich cookies with cream cheese filling.
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Scant 1/4 teaspoon salt
Beat all ingredients together until light and fluffy.