Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cumin Pumpkin Soup

The seasonings give this soup just enough character and flavor without over powering the pumpkin. Serve with crusty bread and a side salad for a complete meal.

foodblog 029

  • 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
  • 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup low fat milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 2 bay leaves
  • Salt and ground black pepper
  • Fresh sage leaves
  • hot sauce, optional
  • Pumpkin seeds, for garnish

In a medium saucepan, whisk together pumpkin, broth, milk, and cumin. Add bay leaves and set pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, remove bay leaves and season, to taste, with salt and black pepper. Garnish with sage, popcorn and pumpkin seeds before serving.

Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller

Walking Fish CSF - Bi-weekly 4

Share description: Grey Triggerfish of Beaufort, NC (40-70 miles out into the Atlantic Ocean) and Southern Flounder from the shallow waters of Pamlico & Core Sound.

I’m not able to pick-up this weeks share, but the CSF has a great online forum which allows me to contact others, who weren’t able to enroll this session, to see if they would like to purchase my share this week. I easily found someone that actually works with me on another floor in my building. I appreciate that the CSF makes it so easy!

2 comments:

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

I'm loving all the pumpkin in your creations!! I'm not a big soup person but the look of this Cumin Pumpkin Soup is tempting me :)

Lu said...

Cumin and pumpkin must be a great combo. Love it.