This is a fantastic, hearty soup! I think this might just be our new favorite…even better is that it can all be thrown together with pantry staples.
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz size)
- 1 packet enchilada or taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 2-3 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 oz sour cream or cream cheese
- Toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, lime, avocado, or tortilla chips
In crock pot, mix the enchilada packet together with the water and tomato sauce. Add chicken, black beans, corn and diced tomatoes on top of that. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Stir in sour cream. Cover and cook about 20 minutes or until thickened. Before serving, take out chicken and shred or dice, then put back and stir it all together. Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, lime, avocado, or tortilla chips.