Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lessened Learned

Yesterday, as we were on our way to our friends house to hang out and watch the last UK football game of the season…I forgot my camera…here’s what was missed… 

A trip to Wine Authorities where we purchased another cheese from Hillsborough Cheese Co, an herbed goat cheese, and a batard loaf from Guglhupf. Mmmm, but I have to admit I loved the Bloomin’ Sweet Ash even more. Also purchased was Giacomo's Limited Edition Salami and Bell’s Brewery Best Brown Ale.

foodblog 002

And then…I had to stop by Local Yogurt to try the newest flavor, Pomegranate!! Imagine a light purple swirl topped fro-yo with fresh strawberries, as recommended, and chocolate toffee bits.

foodblog 048

(Stand in photo, this was blueberry topped with Dolly Mama’s dark chocolate bark pieces)

The yogurt flavor was great, just the perfect amount of sweetness to balance the tartness of the pom and tang of the yogurt. I admit though, I can’t wait for Eggnog to appear!!

Once at our friends house I stumbled upon the makings of BEER CHEESE!! A KY favorite!! I was astonished by how quick there version was to prepare and still had tons of flavor. Impressive!!

foodblog 020

(Stand in photo of beer cheese that I made last year.)

We had a “Use-it-up” sort of breakfast this morning – Trader Joe’s frozen hash browns, scrambled eggs, and clementine.

foodblog 001

Now I’m working on a top secret holiday baking project! Later I’m reheating a frozen lasagna and possibly watching Food, Inc.

No comments: