It’s been almost 2 1/1 weeks since Andy’s finger surgery. He’s gone back on two separate occasions to have a few stitches removed and he still has a few more to be removed this week. His physical therapist has given him a lot of encouragement and been pleased with his progress, but it’s been a lot rougher than we imagined. The surgeon really sliced him up and it’s going to be awhile before he gains full use of his dominate hand. Here’s an updated photo, we were super happy this weekend to see that the swelling has finally started to go down, it’s still puffy but much better than before.
I was SO excited to find a stalk of Brussels sprouts at Trader Joe’s this week; I’ve seen these on cooking shows before but never in the stores!!
Wow - the bacon, cranberries, and pecans certainly jazz these roasted Brussels sprouts right up…all ready for the holidays!
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cleaned, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 425. Cook the bacon in a pan and set aside reserving 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease.
2. Add the Brussels sprouts to a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and toss with the bacon grease. Bake for 25 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and mix in the cranberries and pecans.