Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

We both worked until 1 PM today and since then have been enjoying our evening at home. We decided to start dragging the Christmas containers out and after a couple hours of light work we sat down to enjoy our beautiful holiday filled home. I even got the Christmas cards labeled and stamped. We are headed home to KY in about 3 weeks so it makes since for us to get our decorations out early so that we can enjoy then a bit.

Our traditional UK topper Christmas tree

Christmas 2008

Stockings hung on the banister

Holiday Decorating 2008 (3)

Wreaths in the windows (Andy actually did these on Sunday)

Holiday Decorating 2008 (11)

Just as we finished decorating, Lowe’s installation arrived to install our new range. The kitchen upgrade is really starting to come together now. We’ve gotten the fridge and range in place. The dishwasher is being installed Monday and the over-the-range microwave should be a few days after that.

foodblog 012

Photo with a glimpse of the fridge…

foodblog 013

I remembered that I had several tuna packets in the pantry and decided to make one of my childhood favorites for dinner…tuna melts!

foodblog 018

Mix together

  • juice of 1 lemon
  • three packets tuna (or two cans)
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil mayo
  • 2 Tbsp capers
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Top bread slices with tuna mixture. Bake at 400 degrees 10-12 minutes.

foodblog 016

I almost forgot, as I left work this afternoon, I purchased fresh stollen and pan forte at Ninth Street Bakery…no real plan for either at the time of purchase…I just love holiday breads. But once home…I decided to have a little stollen for dessert and we both think a slice sounds great for breakfast tomorrow morning while watching the parade.

foodblog 006

Speaking of the Macy’s Day parade…I got an email a few weeks ago saying that FIVE of my cousins on my were marching with the Adair County Band – how cool is that!! We have one flute player, two clarinets, and two baritones (I marched baritone too back at Madison Central High School).

I’ll leave you tonight with one last photo, we were able to snap a cute one of our boys while decorating this afternoon. They were basically sitting on top of each other…they are inseparable.

foodblog 009

Good night!

1 comment:

Maria Salomon said...

Your doggies are waaay too cute!
i love them!