Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Luncheon at Ruth’s Chris Steak House

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to experience dining at Ruth's Chris Steak House. We have a recently opened one in Durham and the interior was stunning. It still had the nice new wood and carpet smell too.

foodblog 046
The selected menu…

foodblog 047

Steak House Salad - I chose the vinaigrette dressing...it was a salad, nothing grand about it.

foodblog 048

Followed by our main selection: Filet Mignon, Baked Potato and Fresh Steamed Broccoli. The filet came sizzling out of the kitchen and had an awesome flavor and tenderness. I did notice the menu said "corn-fed" beef, which made me second guess if I should be ordering it (since watching Food, Inc I know "grass-fed" is what I should be looking for), but I didn't think the chicken or salmon were likely to have been raised in much better conditions...so I went with it. The baked potato was very bland and basic...same for the broccoli.

foodblog 049

Dessert Selection: Chocolate Sin Cake...I wish I had gotten the cheesecake. The chocolate was too much for me, I only had a few bites.

foodblog 050

Overall, I was quite dissapointed. I think I am completely over chain restaurants...I have become spoiled by the fabulous local chefs and produce here in Durham.

3 comments:

Mumzie said...

Oh my, Oh my....looks like my kind of place! Very nice. Have a great week. Mumzie :)

sarah said...

the overall 'chain' thing -- i'm so with you! agree that we are SPOILED HERE! i'd rather hit watts (or rue clair, or piedmont, or four square, or lantern, etc . . ) any day!

Danko Family said...

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it! I haven't ever been, but my friends who have RAVE about it. You are definitely spoiled to be in a town that has such wonderful local farmers markets and restaurants. I know I'm jealous...all that's here are chains too :(