Monday, December 28, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Photobucket

Monday: Sweet Potato Fries – Roasting these with taco seasoning for a quick dinner, as we’re just getting back home and unpacked. We’ll serve these with some canned soup of some sort.

Tuesday: Scrumptious Apple Bacon Bites – a friend recommended this recipe to me after seeing all the premade breakfast items I make for Andy, they’ll be the star of dinner this time.

Wednesday: Chicken Corn Chowder and Spicy Cranberry Cornbread – Andy’s aunt made a similar chowder the other day and it smelled wonderful. I’ll also be posting my grandfather’s cornbread recipe with a spicy cranberry adaptation.

New Years Eve: Frozen Pizza and Party Snacks – not sure exactly what we’ll be having, but something like that.

New Years Day: Kielbasa, Kraut and Kale Chips – a nudge to the traditional New Years Day meal.

Saturday: leftovers

Sunday: Slow Cooker Chicken Makhani – one of our favorite slow cooker recipes from 2009.

2 comments:

Melody Ann said...

Man, you're so organized! I need to learn to plan things out so I don't make so many grocery trips and stick to a budget. I noticed you're making kale chips. I saw this on Fast Food My Way with Jaques Pepin and thought it looked amazing but still haven't tried it. I think I'll put it on my menu tonight!

Diana said...

Ooh, a French Onion tart!? I love the soup, so I bet that will be wonderful!

:) Diana

PS I'm having a new challenge - Eat in Month for January - http://thechiclife.typepad.com/the_chic_life/2009/12/eat-in-month-challenge—january-2010.html Wanna play? :)