Tonight we shared an awesome dinner with our friends Kelly and Brian. Kelly is gluten-free so I was pleased to create my very first intentional gluten-free meal :D I new I wanted to have rice and vegetables - from there I chose two vegetables that were in season and some delicious pesto that I had premade in the freezer. It all came together quite nicely!
- 2 cups butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cut into bit sized cubes)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups brown jasmine rice, prepared
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4-1/2 cup basil pesto
- 4 cups local mixed lettuce
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- raspberry vinaigrette
1. Toss the butternut squash with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast the squash in a preheated 400F oven until tender, about 40 minutes and set aside.
2. After 20 minutes of roasting, on another sheet pan prepare the broccoli with EVOO, s&p. Place in the oven and cook the remaining 15-20 minutes.
3. Toss the rice with the roasted vegetables, beans, and pesto. Serve warm or at room temperature.
4. Serve with prepared salad, above.
…followed by a few Sugar Plums
and I may have had a small sliver of this Oreo Cheesecake from Francesca's Bakery at our HR Team meeting today.