Monday, December 28, 2009

We’re Back

We had an amazingly wonderful trip home to Kentucky last week. We’ve declared it the best trip back home we’ve had so far.

In an effort to get the blog caught back up, I’m going to make this mainly a photo post.

White start to our Christmas

christmas 2009 002

My brother, Rob, finishing off his homemade eggnog

christmas 2009 008

and sharing his canned green tomatoes and pickled beets. Believe it or not, these are phenomenal and were one of the best Christmas gifts we got this year. I’m very impressed with his homemade goodies.

christmas 2009 010

My sister shared this super cute sugar cookie method with me. Pour different colored sprinkles and toppings in a muffin pan, dip sugar cookie rounds into them, flip over and bake.

christmas 2009 036

christmas 2009 042

I prepared Avocado Reuben Sandwiches with Kale Chips for my parents and sister, which got a thumbs-up.

christmas 2009 053

The next day we made my Great-Grandpa Wyatt’s recipe for corn bread, I’ll be sharing this recipe soon.

christmas 2009 055

Christmas dinner at Mom’s house. I made a Roasted Squash and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Dried Cherries, and Pecans. We also had garden green beans and ham, rosemary turkey, cranberry fluff, and corn.

christmas 2009 072

Gift opening: nephews with handmade finger puppets from One World Market in Durham

christmas 2009 079

Sara and Mom with Eco, BPA-free mugs

christmas 2009 080 christmas 2009 081

Dr. Seuss coloring book, soy crayons, and new mittens that my sister knitted for me.

christmas 2009 086

Dexter got K-9 Biscotti from Ninth Street Bakery, Durham

christmas 2009 091

Johnstone’s Christmas: Breakfast Casserole, Hash brown Casserole. Lima Beans, Broccoli, and Granny Smith Apples

christmas 2009 096

I spent my last few hours in KY with my nephews. Then we headed to TN for a couple nights to spend some quality time with Andy’s aunt and uncle. We were hit with a minor cold while there, likely do to too much running and not enough rest, but we were able to catch-up on our rest and enjoy ourselves.

christmas 2009 108

Back to work tomorrow, three day work week for me…two day for Andy.

No comments: