Thursday, January 28, 2010

Catching Back Up

Monday

My excitement for the day was meeting Leandra for the first time for lunch at Toast to support Dine out for Haiti. Over 30 area restaurants donated 10% of their proceeds to the relief efforts in Haiti. I ordered the Butternut Squash soup with a couple Avocado & Parmesan Crostini.

foodblog 009

Leandra enjoyed a Cauliflower White Bean Soup, so creamy, with a Prosciutto and Mozzarella Panini.

foodblog 010

Wednesday

I tried Oatmeal in a Jar for the first time. When you've got about 1 Tbsp left in the bottom of a glass pb jar, hang onto it and then use it to serve stovetop oatmeal. Boy, was it good too! I loved how the peanut butter melted and made it’s way through oatmeal with each bite.

foodblog 007 foodblog 008

After work I went to Yoga@Duke AND THEN…to Mama Mia@DPAC with Kelly!!

Recently opened Durham Performing Arts Center

foodblog 011

Same shot at night

foodblog 013

Interior

foodblog 015 foodblog 016 foodblog 018

What a phenomenal show it was, I just loved the cast! I’d seen the show before in Toronto, Canada as an Honors Program studio in college. So I was expecting that I might get a little bored with last nights show, but that was not the case at all. It was a high energy show that kept me laughing all the way through.

foodblog 019

Thursday

foodblog 024

foodblog 023

I dined out with an old co-worker at Beyu Caffe. I’m becoming quite the regular there, as I’ve been making a weekly appearance.

They offer breakfast, lunch and dinner…as well as a gorgeous dessert case.

foodblog 022

Today, I split the Turkey Panini with goat cheese and pear chutney along with a cup of Sweet Potato Soup. I just love their variety of soup offerings.

foodblog 021

I’m a bit tired tonight, so dinner was quite easy and was comprised of Trader Joe’s Red Lentil Dal and Garlic Naan with Kale Chips on the side.

foodblog 026

Brinkley Farms Winter CSA - Week 10

This is my last CSA pick-up until April :(

foodblog 027

  • 1 lb pork chops
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast

No comments: