Saturday, January 9, 2010

Durham's Revolution

Last night we had the pleasure of meeting Sarah, her husband Josh and her out of town guest Cara, at Revolution! In my opinion this is Durham’s swankiest restaurant. The restaurant is described as “Contemporary Global Cuisine”.

If you live in the area and haven’t been, you simply must!

foodblog 017

Checkout Sarah’s post for her meal recap.

Andy started the meal out with the fabulous James Bond martini, he slyly gave this order to our waiter as we sat down…I didn’t even hear him, impressive. I chose a glass of a buttery chardonnay to sip throughout the evening, I might add that we’ve found them to be generous pourers here.

We each chose an appetizer:

foodblog 008

I got the daily special of Kobe Beef Sliders with Manchego Cheese and Pancetta – the best item of my night. This was served with homemade chips in a creamy dipping sauce, plus mini dill pickles were hiding back there on the plate.

foodblog 009

Andy enjoyed the Foie Gras and Goat Cheese Waffles.

foodblog 010

When he cut open the waffle it was filled with a hefty amount of goat cheese!

Picture 22

For the main course I was torn on what to get, there are SO many other menu options that sound divine. In the end, I went with another of their nightly specials.

Scallops on a bed of pancetta, potato and zucchini hash…so good. My mouth is watering again thinking about it.

foodblog 016

Andy chose the Peking duck crispy frittata, a fine choice as well.

foodblog 013

Dessert, though I didn’t need it, was a cup of decaf coffee and a Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Bavarian. Andy went with a glass of Ruby Fonseca Port.

foodblog 019

It was such a fantastic evening, toasted to friendship. I am thankful to have some fantastic friends to share this and many future meals with.

4 comments:

Meg said...

I've been wanting to go to Revolution! Looks like you guys had a great time!

The Gourmez said...

With each new review I read, I still cannot believe I haven't made it to Revolution. Thanks for the post!

cara said...

It was so nice to meet you last night, I had a great time! :)

biz319 said...

Wow - what creative dishes - especially the goat cheese waffles!

FYI, I am hosting BSI this week - cheddar cheese! :D