What a perfect snow day this has been, complete with chicken noodle soup and warm sandwich for dipping.
Grilled Bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Red Pepper Relish
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken (toss it in frozen, if you like)
- 3 carrots,peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 1 heaping teaspoon dried
- pinch of dried rosemary
- pinch of dried thyme
- 2 ounces egg noodles, or broad pasta noodles
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker EXCEPT the noodles. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours.
Remove chicken from pot and shred; return to pot. Add noodles for last 30 minutes of cooking. Taste soup and add salt and pepper to taste.