Wednesday, January 13, 2010

So Easy: Pasta with Salmon, Peas, and Herbs

This light and refreshing dish was comprised of a creamy base made with low fat plain Greek yogurt, a dab of mayo, lemon zest and juice, salt and pepper. I then stirred in defrosted peas, flaked salmon, scallions and 8 oz precooked and cooled whole wheat pasta.

foodblog 013

Gorgeous colors and flavors, will be the perfect meal when fresh spring peas are in season as well.

foodblog 008

Recipe from “So Easy” by Ellie Krieger

Today for lunch I finally had the ingredients on hand to make a hummus sandwich, which is something I’ve been wanting to try for quite some time now. I loved it! The hummus flavor really reminded me of bacon for some reason, I almost felt like I was eating a BLT…if only I had the T.

  • fresh bakery sunflower bread
  • Sabra hummus
  • baby spinach leaves

foodblog 007

No comments: