Such an easy and delicious chowder, definitely keeping this recipe on my rotation. Plus all the ingredients are pantry/freezer staples.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (peeled, if desired), cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- 3 cups corn (from 6 ears fresh or 16 ounces frozen)
- 1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the potatoes, garlic, and corn and stir to coat, approx 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, broth, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and simmer until pink and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Ladle the soup into individual bowls.
Recipe courtesy of Real Simple