Sunday, February 28, 2010

“Friendly” Saturday

The morning started with Andy reviewing his Society of Toxicology presentation with the three of us.

foodblog 002

We were all friendly and patiently sat through his talk…

foodblog 006 foodblog 009

foodblog 017

You can see that we also got geared up in our University of Kentucky gear (and we put out our collegiate flag). Soon enough our friends arrived for the big rivalry game…we even allowed wild horses indoors ;p I actually made this rocking horse in college in one of my elementary education classes, I’m really pleased with how it turned out and love it when it's put to good use; no one has enjoyed it more than Ellie.

foodblog 020

Wilson decided to relax during the game with a friend…there isn’t anything better than a good ear rub.

foodblog 022

Later in the evening, I met up with my local blogger friends for dinner at Guglhupf Bakery & Patisserie and we were thrilled to be joined by Diana from Charlotte.

Gorgeous loft atmosphere upstairs…

foodblog 023

Margaret (blog reader) and Diana

foodblog 026

Caroline and Seth

foodblog 027

Kelly, me, and Allie

foodblog 025

The whole group

Guglhupf Feb 2010 (4)

Our waiter was great and so informative on all the dishes. They were also very kind in working around food allergies and gluten free requests.

This was so good, slice of Parmesan Black Pepper Loaf

foodblog 024

I chose the house-cured duck confit salad with roasted new potatoes, walnuts, watercress, frisee and a warm huckleberry vinaigrette.

foodblog 028

side dish of buttered brussel sprout leaves

foodblog 029

Desserts…apple tart with cinnamon ice cream, challah bread pudding, chocolate stout mousse, cardamom caramel banana tart

foodblog 030

and my choice…a chocolate caramel tart with cinnamon spiced kumquat & almonds, topped with housemade marshmallows…

foodblog 032

I had a such a nice “friendly” afternoon and evening with friends.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so jealous of your blogger meet up. That is a very tasty restaurant. I have yet to meet anyone else in person that even blogs about anything!

cara said...

I so wish I could have your dessert right now, it looks delicious!!!

Danko Family said...

Oh man...the food all looked delicious! I would love to try that chocolate mousse...yum! Glad you had such wonderful service and friendship!

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

As always, it was great to see you again. Your smile and optimism always brighten my day no matter what. I'm so glad to have met you this year, Jessica. I will miss you after I graduate and move away :(

Thanks for the energy bars!

Diana said...

Awesome recap Jessica! It was so great seeing you again! :) Diana