Saturday, February 13, 2010

Homemade Heart Shaped Pizza and Tortellini-Spinach Soup

I’ve always smiled at the idea of making a heart shaped pizza for Valentine’s Day. Friday’s are typically pizza night in our house, so I was excited to try my hand at shaping the dough into a heart.

Once it was all rolled out, I decided to cute the shape with a pizza cutter so that I would have nice clean edges.

foodblog 015

  • ready to use pizza dough, shaped
  • toppings of choice
  • 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Bake at 500 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

This afternoon for lunch I had a leftover slice along with Ellie Krieger’s Tortellini-Spinach Soup. I’ve been lacking in the vegetable department a bit this week so I was happy to have a vegetable hearty soup to enjoy. This is full of CSA tomatoes (frozen from summer), onion, garlic, celery, carrot, and spinach (not to mention my homemade chicken stock).

foodblog 016

3 comments:

Lacey said...

Your heart-shaped pizza is adorable! The Valentine's dinner out looked really good, too. We can't wait for the art walk on Friday. Well be in touch to work out the details soon.

Christina said...

haha How cute is that heart-shaped pizza?! This summer my younger cousin rolled out a pizza w/ two humps and joked it looked like a butt! Not as romantic :P

I love that you guys went out to eat Thursday - that's what we always do too! Either the week before or week after Valentine's. It's just too crowded and expensive otherwise. They know they can take advantage of jacking up prices on entrees, "specials," and wine, so they do. No thanks!!

Kate (This Place is Now a Home) said...

Oh my goodness you are so cute to make a heart-shaped pizza! Also that soup looks delish. Good food day, huh? :)