Saturday, February 6, 2010

Local Food Blogger Pizza Bash

Last night Andy and I hosted the 2nd Local Blogger Gathering with Lacey, Craig, Meg, Chris, Sarah, Josh,and Allie! We had such a great time with everyone and I really love that we have such a great group of couples to enjoy the occasional evening with.

Blogger Meetup Feb 2010

I had a few dips out for light snacking as guests arrived – homemade beer cheese and hummus.

foodblog 016

Plus lots of pizza’s – I entered and got chosen to host a DIGIORNO Pizza party a few weeks ago. We tried out several of pizzas to see if we thought they were better than takeout.

Cheese Stuffed Crust Five Cheese Pizza (ended up being my favorite)

foodblog 017

Tuscan Chicken Pizza

foodblog 019

Supreme Pizza

foodblog 020

And Garlic Mushroom Spinach, last slice on the right. In my opinion, it’s great to keep a couple frozen pizzas on hand for busy days. They are inexpensive and a fun comfort food. However, I’ve not found a frozen pizza that can compare to delivery (or homemade for that matter). My two favorite pizza takeout joints are Pop’s Backdoor and Amante’s in Durham.

foodblog 026

Meg shared a bright and colorful salad, we had additional topping choices of avocado, red apple, feta, red onion and a homemade balsamic dressing. With the meal we enjoyed the bottles of wine that Sarah, Lacey, and Meg also shared.

foodblog 018

Allie treated us to five ingredient, gluten-free, Almond Butter Blondies - they were so light and chewy!!

foodblog 027

The infamous Great Harvest savannah and chocolate walnut bars from Kath. Our group got together with Kath just before the holidays but the bars had been forgotten at Sarah’s house. Sarah was awesome and froze them so we could enjoy them at our next gathering. They were both delicious, I really loved the cinnamon-berry combo.

foodblog 028

Finally, I made a batch of Chocolate Chip Brownie Cupcakes

foodblog 024

We all crowded around the table and chatted the night away – it was a fantastic evening.

3 comments:

Allie (Live Laugh Eat) said...

Thanks again for having us!!! I missed a couple details in my post :) I'm eager for our next meet up!

Meg said...

Many thanks for hosting! I'm excited for the next meet up as we cleary have no problem chit chatting the night away!

Danko Family said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful time! All the food looked delicious and I'm sure the company was even better!